The Parish Church of St. Peter sits in the heart of the village of Chalfont St. Peter.
In 1708 the medieval church was destroyed when the tower fell into the nave following flooding in the area. A contemporary style church replaced it but this was again largely altered and extended in the mid-19th century. We have begun the 21st century with a small extension providing necessary facilities and making the church accessible and welcoming to those who wish to visit.
A brief history of the Parish Church can be found here. A more detailed history of the Parish Church can be found in the publication ‘The Parish Church of Chalfont St Peter’, by E Briden, copies of which can be purchased for £2.00 from the Parish Office during office hours (9.30am – 12.30pm, Mon – Fri).
An outline of our normal weekly services, is set out below, but please visit our calendar for an up to date list of what is happening in the Parish Church and around the Parish.